Richland Township is a township in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, located approximately 18 miles northwest of the City of Pittsburgh or downtown, the area features endless rolling hills, streams, an 80-acre Richland Community Park and horse trails in a semi-rural community setting.
Historical Places Around Richland Township
The McKelvy Stop Farm 1878, built on Meridian Road in 1878 by the James McKelvy family for their oldest son, Robert Milt McKelvy, and his wife, Weslyann (as in Weslyann Drive today).and diving area. In 1878 by the McKelvy family, the “McKelvy Stop” Farm House (sometimes also called the “Old McKelvy Farm House”) is one of the original houses built on “Depreciation Lands” formerly occupied by Indians and granted by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to Michael and George Gundaker on August 8, 1786, in what would by 1880 officially become Richland Township. In the early part of the year 1906, North Pittsburgh Telephone Company served several of the leading ‘citizens of the community of Gibsonia. The St. Barnabas Free Home and Eden Hall Farm are some of the other Historical Places of Richland Township.